Friday, June 17, 2011

Wheelin' and Stealin'


June 16, 2011


Tempo runs and Theft


By Frank DeVar


Waking up at 5:45 just isn't a problem these days. Particularly when you know you are going to meet up with your friends and do a dang run on the canal path. Our coach had a simple workout planned out for us. Ten miles, with the last mile being a minute faster than the first. After a lethargically slow first mile we dropped it down over a minute before the halfway point and held it the whole way home. Colin and I went out in 29:14 and I came home in 26:22. All in all, pretty good for coming back from a busted achilles.




The tragedy happened later that day when my bike was stolen, in broad daylight, on a busy street, in an affluent neighborhood while it was locked up. I almost cried. Something I haven't done in days. Coach is probably ok with this as I'm pretty certain he does not approve of my biking. There's a silver lining here but I'm not sure what it is.


My first race back will be this weekend at the Dash 4 Dad Four Miler in Pentagon Row. My father and I will be taking part in the father son team competition where we will hope to be triumphant. Not sure what to expect really, but a win would sure be nice. I'll keep all my fans posted on how it goes.



And I hope whoever stole my bike burns in hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment