Saturday, November 03, 2012

Runner Profile - Jeff Brannigan

Meet Jeff Brannigan


Born and raised in Staten Island, NY. Date of birth: may 1st, 1989.
High school: Curtis high school
College: American University

Pb's:
1500- 3:49
3000- 8:13
5000- 14:14

Favorite local trails: rock creek/ capital crescent trail

Jeff's Story:
I played soccer and baseball for most of my childhood and knew I wanted to try out for some kind of team when I got to high school. A friend suggested I give the cross country team a try ....and I've been running ever since.

I was fortunate enough to meet Coach Matt Centrowitz my senior year in high school and decided that I wanted to come to DC and attended American University while to train and compete under Coach Centrowitz.

Throughout my college career Centrowitz helped me to make great improvements as a runner and as a person, which is why I have decided to stay put in DC and continue my running career in hopes to reach my true potential.

The ultimate goal for this year is to qualify for USA national outdoor track and field championships in the 5000 meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment